Sunday, 7 July 2013

♡ LDN ♡

i am dreaming of
moving day
out with the old
in with the new
hauling box after box
up the creaking staircase
squatting on the floor for hours
with only a bottle of red
and bowie on the turntable
to keep me company
as i try hopelessly
to construct the pieces 
of my brand new
odda 

i am dreaming of
the last tube home
running in heels
i struggle to walk in at the best of times
bright lights reflected in the puddles 
holding your hand
as i fumble in my bag 
for my oyster card 
with the other

i am dreaming of the
morning after
tangled in the sheets with you
breakfast in bed
and your breath warm on my lips.

i am dreaming of
drinking on the balcony
the plant pots with their delicate flowers
waving in the breeze 
the pansies with their smiling faces
reminding me that everything will be fine
and that i did the right thing
as i wait for you to come home
sneak up behind me
and wrap your arms
around my waist.

i am dreaming of
late night
early morning
supermarket treks
rubbing the sleep from my eyes
as i scan the isles for my favourite yoghurts
carrier bag grooves
etched into my palms
as i struggle with too many bags
and that blissful sense of relief
when i wrench the door open
and dump them all on the floor.

i am dreaming of
washing day
lights and darks
trying to figure out
how to use the ancient washing machine
that the previous owners left
because i’m too cheap to buy a new one.

i am dreaming of train times
illuminated on the station board
clutching my tickets in my sweaty palm
as the train rolls in
ten minutes late
just like the buses back home
weaving my way through a sea of seats
past the men and women
suited and booted
sipping their vitamin water
and flicking through email after angry email
on their super hi tech 
high maintenance netbook
and breathing a sigh of relief as i sit down. 

i am dreaming of
going home
my teenage bedroom
christmas dinner
and telling them all
what a great time i’m having
then hearing them say
for the first time in forever
how proud they are of me.

3 comments:

  1. i've nominated your blog for the liebster award! more info here: http://www.batmanisreal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete